In order to maintain a cohesive town plan and ensure that construction in the town is not overly disruptive to neighboring residents or businesses construction must follow all zoning regulations and rules as defined by the town government.

Permits are required for all property development within the town, this includes new construction, additions or changes in land use.

New!  The Hardwick Select Board adopted the updated Hardwick Unified Development Bylaws.  The new bylaws will be effective as of December 8, 2016.  New version is available here:  

Hardwick Unified Development Bylaw – November 17, 2016 (Also known as the Zoning Bylaws)

Important Documents (PDF files)

Reference Materials (PDF files)

Village Center Designation

The town of Hardwick has obtained Designated Village Center status from the Vermont Downtown Program, a division of the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Affairs. Below is information regarding tax incentives to home and business owners for improvements to village properties and a map showing the Hardwick Village Center.  For more information, contact Richard Amore at the Department of Housing and Community Development – (802) 828-5229 or Richard.amore@Vermont.gov